The hotel and hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing domains in India. Goods and Services Tax or GST has been implemented on this sector few months back. It will help the hotel industry largely by bringing down costs for consumers. It combines the multiple taxes into a single tax value and decreases transaction costs for concerned business owners as well. GST is described by the people with complete agitation. Still there is a lot of uncertainty and wariness in what the next few months will bring and what changes need to be assembled.
Therefore the question comes: How does GST affect the Indian hospitality sector? The GST council provided a slight sigh of relief to mid-market and luxury hotels. At present, many hotels have some sort of dynamic pricing which is done manually. That fluctuates on demand and supply as well. GST varies depending on the tariff of hotel rooms. The hotels should ensure that as per the pricing of the room across all their distribution channels, their billing system or PMS is able to alter the tax.
The GST slabs are based on the room tariffs of a hotel. It proves to be a double-edges sword. Before GST a hotel room with a tariff of ₹ 5000 would attract about taxes amounting to about 20%. Therefore, the same room would be priced at ₹ 6000 before GST, while after GST it would be ₹ 5900. But on contrary, a room with a tariff of ₹ 7500 with taxes would be at ₹ 9000 while after GST it would be ₹ 9600. If the hotelier fixes the tariff in ₹ 7499, as it falls under the 18% tax albs, only then it will be around ₹ 8850.
So here is the list of the GST slabs:
|Room Tariff||GST Applicable|
|Less than ₹ 1000||NIL|
|₹ 1000 - ₹ 2499||12%|
|₹ 2500 - ₹ 7499||18%|
|Above ₹ 7500||28%|
There were multiple taxes applicable to Hotel Industry similar to the other industries. They were in the form of value added tax (VAT), luxury tax and service tax as well. When a room tariff used to exceed ₹ 1000, the service tax liability was 15% in previous days. The VAT that ranged between 12% to 14.5%, as well as the luxury tax, was applied over the tariff.
The hospitality domain gets the advantage of standardized and uniform tax rates, under GST regime.ITC, the utilization of input tax credit has become simpler and better too. In previous times complimentary food, such as offer of breakfast with room was separately taxed under VAT. But now it is taxed as a bundled service under the GST system. GST has affected positively for the hotels. The end cost to be paid by the final consumers will decrease by GST. That will help to attract more tourists and push up the growth of businesses in this industry. It will increase the revenue collection of the government conversely too.
For hospitality industry the GST comes with its share of adverse impacts. The hotel charging tariffs over ₹ 7500 are worst hit with a taxation rate of 28%. GST can hit the inflow of foreign tourists to India. Japan, Singapore and other Asian countries impose tax rates as low as 8% and 7% on their hotel industry. It can be a big factor in making them more preferred tourist locations as compared to India.
Are you stuck in the question how to check your room inventory? Following steps will help you to resolve the issues
1. After logging in you will be led to the dashboard.
2. Go to the third option “Front Office”. Click on it. Got the option "Inventory Calendar"?
3. Go to the “Inventory Calendar”. Select Hotel Name.
4. You may get the full list of your booked and available rooms for a certain time span. You may check the booking details clicking on the tables too. Simultaneously you may change the dates too.
While using a profile, it’s very usual to forget the password often. When there’s a problem, there’s a solution too. The process is not so difficult to recover the forgotten password as well. Just follow the process:
1. Go to the official page of the GoFinix. Click on the “Log in/Sign Up” option.
2. You will be landed on the “Account login” page. Click on the “Forgot password” option.
3. Provide your valid email ID and press “Reset My Password” option.
4. A popup page will appear. Click “OK”.
5. Go to your email ID. Open the mail now. Click on the link of “Recover password”. You will be led to reset password page.
6. Provide your email ID, New password and confirm password. Press “Change My Password” option then.
7. You will get reset password confirmation and the link to log in.
8. After getting the login page, provide the required information and click “Sign in”.
Are you stuck with your issues, and have no idea how to get help? Then we are here to help you out. You may check out the FAQ lists. Follow the steps:
1. After logging in you will be led to the dashboard. Look at the upper right corner. Got the “Need help?” option? Click the option.
2. You have landed on the support page. Click on the “Knowledgebase” option.
3. Now you may check the FAQs here.
But what’s then if you can’t get the solution of your issues? Don’t worry. You may get help from the support team of GoFinix directly. Just follow the steps to get help from the Support team.
1. Log in with your authorized email ID and password. Go to the “Need help?” option at the right upper corner of the page.
2. Click it and you will be led to the support page. Now click on the “Open a New Ticket” option.
3. Fill the required information and select “Create ticket”. You will be provided a ticket number via mail.
4. Open your mail. The executives will revert you back shortly. Or you may contact them by yourself. There will be a link containing the text “view this ticket’s progress online”. Click it.
5. You will be auto generate to the support page, where you may post your reply. Type your issue and click on “Post Reply”. The customer executives will contact you with your solution.
6. Now click on “Check Ticket Status” or “chat with Support Agent”.
7. Go to “Check Ticket Status”. Provide email address and ticket number. Click on “Email Access Link.
8. Or go to “Chat with Support Agent”. Click on “Message me” to get solution of your issues.
Are you searching for the total count of your booked rooms and free rooms? Nothing to worry about. You may have the detailed count of booked rooms of your hotel along with the diagram. Follow the below mentioned steps to get the list.
1. After logging in you will be led to the dashboard and the “Main Navigation” will be shown at the left side of the of the page.
2. Now go to the 4th option, “Reports” from the left menu bar. You will get the “Utilization” option. Click it.
3. On this page, you will get the total count of “Available”, “Occupied” and “Blocked” rooms of your hotels with proper diagram.
“Available” means the rooms those are not booked yet.
“Occupied” means the rooms those are booked already, but the guests have not appeared yet.
“Blocked” means the room where your guests have already checked in.
Are you encountering issues to monitor check-in and check out of your guests? Follow the steps to resolve issues.
1. After logging in you will be led to the dashboard. Look at the “Main Navigation” panel at the left side of the page.
2. Go to the third option “Front office”. Got the “Check-In/Out” option? Click on it.
3. You will get the check-in and checkout page. The list of the arrival and departure of the guests of “Today” and “Tomorrow”. The reservation lists will be available there. you need to click on "Check In" button and then "Yes" on the popup page.
4. Today’s booking will be shown in the dashboard of your account. click on "Home" option to be led towards the dashboard of your account. You may track last 5 records from this dashboard.
So, monitoring check-in detail is done. What to do with check-out details? You may face 2 situations while maintaining the “Check out” details. The first one is when the guest has done the full payment and the second one is when they have made partial paid.
1. Go to the check-in/out page from “Front office”. Go to the “Departure” list. If the guest has made full payment, then clicking the check-out button, you will get a popup page. Choose “Yes” to send them a review mail.
2. But if the guest has made partial payment before, then after clicking “check-out”, you will get a popup page containing the payable amount and the mode of transaction. Then click on the “Paid and check out” option to send the guests the review required mail.